Some of you may have taken note of my Facebook post regarding a “few Miss Selfridge goodies”. Well, here is one of them (Yay! But sorry it took a while to post) – My petite turquoise maxi dress from Miss Selfridge.
Standing at 4″11′, I find it super hard to find a maxi dress with the correct length. If I am lucky enough to find a dress designed to graze the shins of ‘regular sized’ women, I’d get that. But it’s rare to find. Another option is to go to Targets’ kids section and find a simple style maxi dress. One that it not noticeably from the childrens side of the store and one that is in stretchy material (to give room to more womanly assets). Otherwise, I make sure I take my non-fitting-maxis on my next trip to Philippines, where I’m sure to find a seamstress to hem them for less than $1. But my favourite option (and highly preferable one), would be to get one from a petite womens range.
- For a style like this I would definitely go for a size UK6 as it looks loose fitting, however, it has sold out so what I am wearing is a size UK8.
- What I was most looking forward to was finding out how the length was. With flats on, just grazes the floor. But the length is great with 2 inch heels.
- It was a little too saggy at the front, since I’m not top-heavy.
- Straps were a bit too long, causing the little buckles show at the front of the dress.
- I loved the style of the dress! Loved the shorter inner layer with the sheer layer being longer
- It felt very comfortable to wear.
- You need to wear the stick-on-bras to show off the lovely partly-backless dress.
I accessorised this outfit with a pair of Pretty-Small-Shoes nude patent opentoe heels (featuring cute little cut-outs). This style is no longer available but they have plenty of similar styles available (Pretty-Small-Shoes, opentoe).
I hope this review helps give you reference to the length of a petite-sized Miss Selfridge maxi dress on a 4″11′ little lady.