We all have to start somewhere and for the then-young petite tween, Mila Kunis, she definitely started from the bottom up in terms of her style. Spotted at one of her first red carpet events, Mila is all fresh-faced and in a printed slip dress and gold choker necklace doesn’t make one miss the 90’s.
From then to now, her style has turned to sophisticated, refined and so on trend. Wearing designers like Elie Saab, Alexander McQueen and Vera Wang, this scarlet sure knows now how to work the red carpet style.
Not sure how often you wear a gown or attend red carpet events, however, here are some of my thoughts on styling evening gowns on petites.
Evening gown style tips for petites:
- Draw in at the waist – Not only does this create amazing curves, but by highlighting your where your waist is, lengthens the appearance of your legs.
- Choose draped dresses – One of the best things about draped dresses is it creates lines which flow down vertically, again helping with the illusion of lengthening the frame.
- Avoid ‘princess’ style dresses – This makes your frame look shorter than it is.
- Heels – always make sure you choose the right heels for the dress. Avoid chunky and heavy looking shoes. Keep it light and elegant and if your shoes are visible avoid thick straps around the ankle.
- Avoid high necks – Try to keep away from dresses that are heavy on top. This only drowns a petite figure.